Friday, January 25, 2008

Lost (and Me!) in the Media
The Globe and Mail ran a feature on Lost in today's paper, and writer Andrew Ryan interviewed me for it. You can read it here, or pick up a print copy, because the cast picture runs off the front of the arts section, and it's super cool.

I'm going to be on HypaSpace, which airs on Space this Saturday at 5:30pm in Canada, and repeats again on Sunday at 4:30.

If you live in Vancouver, I'll be interviewed live on CFun on Wednesday the 30th at 1pm, and if you live in Montreal, I'll be on CJAD on the 31st at 7:40am. I've done a bunch of interviews over the past week, and those articles will probably be running closer to the show's premiere.

By the way, there's been some question about whether the premiere is one or two hours. It's one, much to my chagrin. ABC and CTV will be airing a clip show from 8-9pm that promises to reveal some clues (read: IT WON'T REVEAL ANYTHING; THE CLIP SHOWS NEVER DO), and the premiere will run from 9-10pm.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to ABC, they will do the clip show but also have little clues running at the bottom of the screen, which is different than they did before, so it might be fun, like Pop Up Videos! LOL

Brian Douglas said...

The clip shows are for the more casual viewer who doesn't analyze all the clues like we do.

I was watching the special features on the Season 3 DVD, and there was some interesting things I wanted to point out:

One of the produces said "Mikhail is dead" when talking about Other fataliaties. Third times the charm for him.

Also, they said it is important who see things on the island, and who doesn't. One reason that Ben is so important to the others, for instance, is that he saw his mother on the island.

poppedculture said...

Nice! That Globe piece is all you. Who needs old media when you can just come to the source...

Emilia said...

Roland--bless you for mentioning Pop Up Video. That was a damn good show.

Nikki Stafford said...

Roland: Pop-up Video!! LOL! Oh man, I'd totally forgotten about that show, but it was so addictive I used to watch it all the time. I can still hear the theme song (oh no, now it's stuck in my head!)

Brian: Thanks for the info! I FINALLY got a copy of the season 3 DVD, and I can't wait to watch the finale with the commentary turned on. Interesting about Mikhail! About time that guy died.

Jeremy: Thanks!

Brian Douglas said...

I've been watching it, then reading your book :-)

Brian Douglas said...

I was just rewatching the Ben episode from last season, and noticed something. Just before Ben shoots Locke, he says "I was ONE of the people smart enough to make sure I didn't end up in that ditch."

Are their more Dharma people among the Others?

Anonymous said...

Hypaspace cut you off for a Jerico ad! Those b*stards.

Ahem. If Mark Askwith is reading this, I mean those really nice guys but bad editors.

Brian Douglas said...

Nikki,

I hate to break it to you, but the finale lacked a commentary.

K J Gillenwater said...

Hey, I just read a tv reviewers blog. He has already seen the first two episodes and says they are AWESOME and that we should get ready for greatness. I am dying for Thursday....!