Friday, September 09, 2011

Buffy Lives...

As a little in-between extra on the ongoing Buffy Rewatch, I wanted to give first-time viewers a taste of what it was like back in September 2001 (exactly 10 years ago) right before season 6 was set to start. In the weeks leading up to Buffy's season 6 debut on UPN, a curious poster began cropping up throughout Los Angeles -- on billboards, on the sides of busses, and in magazines. From there, it began spreading to the rest of the country. And it was amazing.

6 comments:

Marebabe said...

FAAABULOUS! The heightened anticipation must've been very Lost-ish.

Anonymous said...

Perfect transition to my post on the beginning of Season Six! Thanks for "digging it up," so to speak, Nikki!

The Question Mark said...

That's cool! I love teaser posters like this.
Too bad there weren't any "John Locke lives" posters after Seasons 4 and/or 5!

Christina B said...

That is frickin' COOL!

Dusk said...

Awesome.

Suzanne said...

I am so envious of those of you who got to experience Buffy when it was originally on television. I was too foolish to listen to people who told me to watch it back at that time because I couldn't get past the name and the bad reputation of the original movie. I will always regret it, though, since I would love to be able to experience the nostalgia of remembering those times as many you of you are able to do. Nikki, thanks for sharing this memory with those of us who didn't see it firsthand.