Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Island Is in Springfield!!

And for today's non-analytic post (I promise I will get to some serious stuff soon), I was following this guy's work throughout his "Lost week" on his blog. This is an artist who takes various characters (mostly comic-book) and draws them as if they were on the Simpsons. I think he's completely amazing. I was enjoying the daily drawings of variations on Hurley, Sawyer, Locke, Jack, Kate, Ben, and Charlie on my own, but then a LOT of people sent me emails asking if I'd post on it. So... of course! If it lets more people know about this guy, it's worth it. You can go here to see all of the Lost characters. Enjoy!

UPDATE: And I no sooner had that up when someone emailed me to say he'd interviewed Dean Fraser (the guy who Simpsonized the Lost cast) and you can read the interview here. Thanks for sending that, Simon! And hey, turns out Dean is a Canuck! Woohoo!

6 comments:

poppedculture said...

Funny, I was going to send you those too. Love it when my pop culture comes together.

B.J. said...

I think they're all fantastic and spot on, but I think the Ben one is the least recognizable. I don't think I would have known him if it hadn't specifically said who it was.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Awesome! I love how he did Jack with the beard too...

Batcabbage said...

I first saw this from Jorge's blog. The Hurley one is fantastic, and my favourite one. Although the look on Locke's face is priceless.

Jazzygirl said...

That was so awesome!

Loretta said...

That just brightened my day.

Hurley looks suspiciously like comic book guy, which somehow makes it even more awesome.

I find Simpsonized Matthew Fox sexy. That's just sad.