He's baaaack! After a brief glimpse of Belly trapped in amber a couple of episodes ago, it was clear the guy would return before the end of the series, and here he is. As enigmatic as ever with his big denture smile.
The episode opens with a Musak version of Billy Idol's "Eyes Without a Face," which could be a subtle hint of what is to come:
- Olivia wants a nursery in their new house. Which would presumably be for Etta.
- Jessica's first line is, "Am I going to die?" and I'm sure every Lost fan joined me in saying, "Sadly, yes. By a really vicious nosebleed."
- I loved John Noble's performance when Walter was unnerved by the orderly who referred to him as Wally. Could he have been an abusive man? Someone put in there by Bell, perhaps?
- "My hallucinations were rarely biped and never men." HAHA!!
- Walter has an Easy Bake oven. Of course he does.
- Any other show would have a weird reveal of traces of Chilean almonds on a 7-year-old piece of paper and I'd be rolling my eyes. On Fringe, it's awesomely funny.
- "It's like don't cross the streams... in reverse." Olivia doesn't get it. Last year I remember having one of those moments where I was sending an email just as the person I was emailing was sending me a note asking me the very question I was in the midst of answering. When I got his, I emailed him right back and said, "Ah! We crossed the streams!" He said he had no idea what I was talking about. I said, "Ghostbusters? Don't cross the streams? We were... emailing at, you know, the same time and crossed... um..." "I have no idea what you're talking about." Sigh. The difference in pop culture references a few years makes.
- "Hello... old friend."