Wednesday, August 22, 2007

MORE Casting News -- Lost
I talk about the fabulousness of The Wire on here all the time, and now two of my favourite worlds are about to collide. Lieutenant Daniels (I know he's eventually a Col., but he'll always be The Lieutenant to me) has been cast in an unknown role on Lost. Zap2it reported the story by saying he joins Harold Perrineau as also having been on Oz, and they seem to have forgotten that Adewale Akinnouye-Agbaje (Eko) was also on Oz, as was Zeljko Ivanek, who played the governor on Oz and Juliet's evil husband Edward on Lost. There's definitely something going on about those two shows.

I tried posting this this morning, but Blogger was down for some reason. I was reading Ken Tucker's column on EW about all of the awesome DVDs coming out this week, and he was talking about his latest obsession, which has been around forever, but he's just mentioning it now. Well, I'm further behind than he is, because I hadn't heard about it until reading his column. Full disclosure: In 1984, when I was 11 years old, I was a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. HUGE. I went and saw him on the Victory tour (and was nearly trampled to death), I owned every biography of him, I had the little action figure (complete with tiny sparkly glove), could do the Moonwalk, and had even subjected myself to The Wiz. Two years later, I couldn't have cared less about him. But for one brief shining year, he was everything to me. So when Tucker pointed to a penitentiary in the Philippines where the hundreds of inmates have recreated the choreography of Jackson's "Thriller" video, I HAD to click. I've probably seen this video 437 times now, and watching this video just put a huge stupid grin on my face. I especially love the guy playing the woman, who has every over-the-top pose down pat. This is seriously awesome. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you seen the wedding video of thriller dancing on youtube?
that will get a you a great list...go on to see a dirty dancing first dance for a couple and the an ok go skit put on by a father and brothers of the bride
loving youtube this summer
Kathy Trites

Anonymous said...

Did you see this story?

Wanted: More than 30 "Lost" babies
At least 30 babies were needed to play Claire's baby Aaron last season, making casting a never-ending process. So many are needed because, well, babies age quickly, outgrowing the part in just a week or so. To play Aaron, a baby must have blond hair, blue eyes, a slightly round face, weighing between 8 and 15 pounds.

Wowza.. that's alotta pickles