Friday, March 09, 2007

So You Wanna Have a Buffy Marathon?
Saturday, March 10th marks the 10th anniversary of the first episode of Buffy, "Welcome to the Hellmouth." Many true-blue Buffy fans will be settling in to watch marathons. You can just sit and watch the classics, or season finales, or your personal favourites. If you're looking for themes, here are a few suggestions. These are just my personal pics, so what you consider to be the funnies could be different from mine:

Angel:
Angel
Surprise
Innocence
Passion
I Only Have Eyes For You
Becoming 1&2
Amends
The Prom
Angel: I Will Remember You

Spike:
School Hard
What’s My Line 2
Becoming 2
Lover’s Walk
Pangs
Fool for Love
After Life
Once More, With Feeling
Grave
Beneath You
Lies My Parents Told Me
Touched
Chosen

Comedy:
The Puppet Show
Halloween
Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
Gingerbread
The Zeppo
Doppelgangland
Fear, Itself
Pangs
A New Man
Buffy vs. Dracula
Tabula Rasa
Storyteller

Characters Not Acting Like Themselves:
Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
Band Candy
The Wish
Beer Bad*
Something Blue
Superstar*
Tabula Rasa
Normal Again
Him*
*these episodes also represent some of the low points of the series, so feel free to skip them

Tara and Willow:
Hush
New Moon Rising
Family
Tough Love
The Gift
Tabula Rasa
Older and Far Away
Seeing Red

Heartbreak:
Lie to Me
Innocence
Passion
I Only Have Eyes for You
Becoming 2
The Wish
The Prom
Wild at Heart
Fool for Love
The Body
The Gift
Two to Go/Grave
Conversations with Dead People
Touched
Chosen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right, you don't like Superstar. Silly girl ;)

If you're feeling masochistic, I would suggest a Riley marathon. But thinking up titles hurts my head.

Riley Finn, proof that Joss is only human after all.

Anonymous said...

what can you recommend for a giles marathon? because, for me, buffy was all about the ASH. *swoons*

Crissy Calhoun said...

just watched "end of days" and am minutes away from "chosen." heavy, heavy hearted. i love this show.

Anonymous said...

I have regular Buffy Marathons!
From time to time when I'm feeling blah or had a bad week at work, I'll pick a season and watch through the weekend. A big Buffy Zone out.
Angel marathons too, but not as frequent, as I still watch David Boreanez on Bones regularly and can't bear to watch Fred die.
KTrites