Thursday, October 15, 2009

Finding Lost: Season 5

Oh look, Nikki's making another plug for her new book. Must be a weekday...

First of all, thank you so much to everyone who has already ordered a copy of the book. Many of you have received them already (I can say that humanebean was officially the first Lost fan to have his hands on one, since he had me FedEx it to him! Win!) And now that I've sorted out the postage on this, I can extend the offer to everyone. If you're interested in a copy of the season 5 book, autographed by me, the cost is $21.80 if you're in the U.S. ($15 book plus $6.80 shipping), and $19.75 if you live in Canada ($17 book plus $2.75 shipping). If you live outside of North America, email me and we'll figure something out.

The easiest way to pay is through Paypal; my Paypal account is the same as my email address, and when I get the confirmation, I'll send out your book (you'll get a confirmation by a name that's not mine; don't worry, that's just my husband's name).

I've also been shipping various combinations of other seasons to people, so if anyone is interested in that, please email me privately about it. That price above is the same for Season 5, Season 4, and Season 3. The Season 1/2 book is combined, so it's a heavier book and slightly more to ship, which sucks. (The book is $18 in the U.S., $20 in Canada, and postage is $11.15 to anywhere in the U.S., and $11.50 (don't ask) to anywhere in Canada, or $8.50 within Ontario.) However, if you gang it with one of the other books, shipping would probably be the same, so we'd save on that. If you're interested in S1, please email me and we'll work that out, too.

And now... my next plea. The way these books sell well is through word of mouth, especially when writing for this type of genre. As we all know, there are many fantastic Lost books out there, and when it comes to a non-Lost fan looking for a book to buy a Lost fan, they'll probably look through reviews. On Amazon they'll buy the one with the most reviews and the best star-rating. Because I was offering the chance to buy the S4 book from me when it came out earlier this year, there weren't very many Amazon reviews of it (you can only leave a review on Amazon if you buy a product there). But if anyone has any of my books and likes them, AND has recently bought something from Amazon, please go and leave a review on any of them, especially the more recent ones. That would help me out immensely.

OR... you can tell my publisher directly that you like the books, which would be fab. My publisher, ECW Press, has a great website that now takes comments. You can access all of my books here (and see an old picture of me) and click on the book to take you to the page where you can leave MUCH MUCH PRAISE!! (She said modestly.)

You could leave one at the Chapters site in Canada, or the Barnes and Noble site in the U.S. (I don't think either of those requires registration or purchase).

And thank you in advance for doing this. It would be a huge help!

10 comments:

humanebean said...

First review in the US Amazon store! Win!

Oh, Mom must be SO proud .... ; ]

fb said...

got my copy yesterday -- thank you nikki! -- it's awesome! congrats again! :)

Ashleigh said...

Nikki, first of all, you are amazing. All I've got to say.

Secondly, do you have any idea how much it would cost to ship your book to Australia? I can't really miss this opportunity to get the book signed :)

Just putting it out there that I've got quite a few Lost books and yours are by far the best. I often read your blog at work and have a few giggles to myself and have actually got a few of the girls at work reading your blog, being big Lost & Joss Whedon fans also.

Keep them coming Nikki. I just don't know what I'll do when Lost finishes... I'm sure a few of us here would relate! :)

mgkoeln said...

Thank you! So I don't need to have a guilty conscience for not ordering with you, Nikki, but with amazon in Germany (which makes the postage cheaper - and I already had a signed copy last year). So, I'll definitely post a nice amazon review once I've received my season five book!

jeff heimbuch said...

Still waiting on mine...can't wait to get it!

JS said...

Just got mine, and half way through!

Marshall said...

Hi Nik! I ordered mine on Amazon yesterday and am desperately waiting. As long as it's here before my season 5 DVDs are! Side topic: should I invest in a Blu Ray player beforehand? I haven't heard much on the purely episode viewing enhancement, but know there's the possibility of a plethora of "Extras" difference this time around.

Zaki said...

...N@N blog-follower, formerly-known-as-Zari:

My copy from Amazon arrived yesterday, so the rest should be on the way. Congrats “JS”, Rebecca, and Chris on your Amazon.com reviews!

Zaki said...

...N@N blog-follower, formerly-known-as-Zari:

@humanebean: I can't find your review at Amazon.com-U.S. Your blog contributions here are always so interesting, and I was hoping to read your review for Book 5.

mgkoeln said...

Yeah! The book arrived today and I just sent my review to the german Amazon store. I'm honored to be a tiny part of it once again and hope you sell tons of it!