Friday, August 26, 2011

Fall TV: Person of Interest

I've been meaning to do a post on what I'll be watching this fall, but since that has yet to happen I'll just break them out individually. Wild horses won't be able to keep me away from JJ Abrams' new "Person of Interest," starring Ben Linus Michael Emerson. At a recent fan con, when asked who their favourite Lost character was, many of the people in the room of the Lost panel (moderated by our very own Rebecca Thompson!) said Ben Linus.

Here's an interesting interview I found with Michael Emerson and the LA Times, where he talks about the spectre of Ben Linus that always hangs over him. I was interested in his reaction to people who are demanding answers:

"Sometimes I wanted to pat people on the head and say, 'You know the thing you want me to give you is actually the thing you don't want me to give you, right? If I could explicate the entire mystery of the show, what would be the use of that?' " he said. "I was surprised so many people were willing to trade the joy of the present for some intangible answer."


You tell em, Benry.

When Person of Interest begins in the fall, I'm pleased to say I'll be blogging on it with Chris Doran, aka "humanebean," one of my favourite commentators during our long Lost years together on here. He's always had great insight, and I'm looking forward to sharing this little blogging stage with him. The show is slated to begin September 22, so watch this space for our reactions to it! In the meantime, here's a teaser trailer that CBS has put out on the show. Try to pick out all of the Lost moments from it. ;)


14 comments:

AEC said...

I've been looking forward to this show too, so glad you'll be blogging it!

Batcabbage said...

Wow. Humane's real name is Chris. And to think I fought him, in dire Cabbage vs Bean battle, and never knew his name. HI CHRIS!!!

yourblindspot said...

Definitely have high hopes for this one. And I can't wait to see what you and The Leguminator put together, too!

Did you get a chance to watch the trailer for 'Awake' yet? I'm eager to hear what you thought...

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is on my must watch list as well!! I'm trying to cut back on TV because of work & school, but I can't say no to this. Or Ringer. ;)
~ Nikki F

JS said...

You have a chance to do something. The quHHHHHestion is will you?

Nikki Stafford said...

JS: That just made me seriously laugh out loud!

Quarks said...

I really want to watch this show. With Michael Emerson in this, and Jorge Garcia on 'Alcatraz' it's a good year for 'Lost' alumni.

Does anybody have any idea when or if this show is coming to the UK?

Linda said...

I am so looking forward to this show and coming back here regularly to discuss it with everyone! Really happy you'll be blogging it.

Colleen/redeem147 said...

I took exception to a certain survey today which expected me to choose between Ben Linus and Cancerman. I was told I could enter by drawing a heart around both - so I did.

humanebean said...

Hard to say which I am looking forward to more: seeing the brilliant Mr. Emerson in a new J.J. series ... or blogging on it with the inimitable Ms. Stafford. (actually, it's no contest ... sorry J.J.!).

@Batcabbage - howdy, sir! Hope all is well in the cabbage patch. The bards still sing of the epic humane/Bat confrontation. Thankfully, the chicks dig my scars!

@yourblindspot - Ha! "The Leguminator" - sobriquet promptly stolen and applied, with and without attribution. Kudos!

humanebean said...

Which reminds me, my new LOST in Comics t-shirt arrived today from MySoti, "Down the Hatch". Check it out! http://www.mysoti.com/mysoti/designer/lostincomics/product/1171910/lostincomics--tshirt--Down-the-Hatch

BTW, if you are not yet familiar with the masterful stylings of LOST in Comics, you are in for a treat. Put a few minutes aside, visit www.lostincomics.com and prepare to be delighted. Note: the first panel you see will be the most recent one in the series. I highly recommend that you touch the button for "First" and see them all in sequence. Enjoy!

Mike_D said...

I saw a preview of Hawaii Five-0's new season and it's Terry O'Quinn as Steve's bad-ass former SEAL trainer!!!

Austin Gorton said...

Well, that clinches it. I was going back and forth as to whether I'd watch this (I know, I know) but if Nikki AND humanebean are going to be blogging about it together as some kind of Voltron-esque gestalt being, than I HAVE to watch it.

So count me in!

humanebean said...

Well if TEEBORE is in, then I'm definitely in, too! Oh, wait ... okay, I"m in TWICE. Put that in your Pearl Station communications tube and smoke it! (Official Entry: 2011 Bad Analogy Contest, Non-Sequitor Division)