Friday, November 23, 2007

Dexter
Lots of little blog posts today. This past week's Dexter was SO good, that, as has been the case the past few weeks with this show, when the end credits run I moan out loud, SO disappointed that I have to wait a whole week to find out what happens. (This is why people wait for DVDs...)

Lila has turned out to be a psychopath. As much as I loved her character, I always found it a little too convenient that she's a former addict, yet always seems so together. In the last couple of episodes, we've seen that Lila knows exactly how to get what she wants, and will go to criminal lengths to get it. Her addiction stems from her fear of abandonment, and now she thinks Dexter will be the one to leave her. She's set fire to her house, and now broken into Rita's home. When Dexter finally confronts her after she does the unthinkable and forces him to meet the man who killed his mother once again, hoping it would bring them closer together, he is truly frightening. If she decides to push things further, we might see Dexter come closer to his breaking point than ever before.

I LOVE this show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at a Doctor Who gathering today (for the 44th anniversary) and some of the guys were talking about Hustle, and how thin Jaime had gotten. I mentioned that I didn't think she looked all THAT thin when she was topless on Dexter...

And the room went very quiet. I think I just convinced a lot of guys to watch Dexter.