Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to Us!


Why, turns out it's that time again... the birthday of Nik at Nite! Yes, six years ago today I started this blog, and it grew and grew and grew... and then I neglected it a little and it began to disappear, but let's blow the dust off this blog, wish it a happy birthday, pat yourselves on the back for sticking with it for so long, and get ready for my coverage of the biennial Slayage conference! I'm here in Vancouver right now and preparing for the conference to officially start in a couple of hours while spending most of the day enjoying this gorgeous campus. Also, I made the mistake of walking down FOUR THOUSAND STAIRS to the beach (my single-minded determination to do things like "see the water up close" knows no bounds) and had to walk back up them, so I'm a little sticky and gross and tired right now. But I shall rally on, and give you proper coverage of the event!

So for all of you who tuned into the Buffy Rewatch last year, you're about to hear about the works of Joss Whedon in even greater detail than we offered you then.

Happy Birthday, Nik at Niters!

10 comments:

Christina said...

Happy blogaversary, Nikki!! SO happy I stumbled across this site!
Excited for your Slayage coverage!!
<3

Erin {pughs' news} said...

So at first I thought, "WHAT? Nikki's lost it. It's not our birthday! Our birthday was in April." And then I read the post and realized it's {the best Lost blog ever} Nik at Nite's birthday! Sorry I doubted your sanity for a second there ;~)

Happy Birthday to Nik at Nite, still one of my favourite places to visit online! Have a wonderful time in Vancouver, Nikki! I'll wave at you as I head for Highway 1 East...

Marebabe said...

Happy 6th blogaversary! (Good word, Christina!) For me, this is by far the home-iest place in the whole wide Internet. I'll always keep coming back. And now, I can't wait for all the newsy bits from Slayage!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday one and all!!

-Tim Alan

James F. McGrath said...

Happy blogiversary!

The Question Mark said...

Yaaay! To celebrate this happy occasion, here is a treat for everyone. It's the only version of the song I ever sing anymore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLyoEpuLJfs

Blam said...


Happy birthday, Nik at Nite!

I'm sorry to hear about the rough walk, but seeing the ocean up close is almost always worth it. Four Thousand Stairs is my new band name.

Eric F said...

Happy Birthday Nik at Nite! That is wonderful news. By any chance will you be blogging about the 5th season of Breaking Bad which starts on Sunday? I am do looking forward to seeing where they go from here based on how season 4 ended.

Austin Gorton said...

Happy Birthday Nik at Nite. Here's to many more!

Suzanne said...

Happy birthday! I am so glad I found your blog, Nikki. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed it over the years beginning with your Lost rewatch before Season 6 through your awesome Great Buffy Rewatch until now.