Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Dark Knight Wheezes

I've been waiting a VERY LONG TIME to post this... probably about 9 months. Last summer, probably around this very time, there was a teaser trailer put out for The Dark Knight Rises, which opens this weekend. It was a great trailer, but I must admit, I know I wasn't alone in listening to Gary Oldman's ominous words and thinking, "...wait, what? What did he say?"

No, I definitely wasn't alone, for a group of filmmakers that have formed a company called Flashback Films thought the same thing, and created a parody trailer for it. And one of those guys — the one playing Commissioner Gordon, in fact! — is our very own Sagacious Penguin, one of the most astute commentators this blog has ever seen. He was here with us week after week while we watched Lost, and I was thrilled when he emailed me last fall and sent this to me. I thought it was hilarious, and was going to post it then, but decided to wait until the movie came out. Make sure you subscribe to the company on YouTube; they have lots of great stuff where this came from.

 

4 comments:

Batcabbage said...

Holy crap that was hilarious! Yay Sagacious Penguin! Yay Flashback Films!

I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises in 16 hours and 38 minutes. I'm quite excited. And after I finish this episode of Deep Space Nine (Season 5, Episode 3. Odo is being a dick!), I'm going to watch Batman Begins and then The Dark Knight. I probably won't sleep tonight. BATMAN! BATMAN BATMAN!!!

BAAAAAAAAAATMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

KathyT said...

that was HILARIOUS!!!!

Austin Gorton said...

Haha! reat stuff. I love that Batman just casually gives up his identity.

Nicely done, Mr. Penguin.

Sagacious Penguin said...

Aww, thanks for posting, Nikki! And thanks, guys!

We actually got to take our movie, Flashback, to the film market at the Cannes Film Festival this year, and should have some exciting release news in a couple months!

And, incidentally, Batcabbage, it's ALWAYS a good time to watch DS9! You've hit upon my favorite non-LOST show! Odo will redeem himself; he's just goin' through some stuff ;)

Oh, and, Nikki, even though I tend not to post as often, I still gobble up every word you have to say on Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and Mad Men! I've managed to catch up on all of all of those this year and going back through your archived posts was a delight.

TDKR at midnight on Thursday :)