Saturday, July 14, 2012

Surprise, Surprise...

Guess who won a Mr. Pointy tonight? Completely unexpected and a devious and lovely and wonderful surprise by the Slayage folks. This wasn't the Long Mr Pointy that I'd been nominated for — I'd been telling people since the nomination that the bibliography was going to win that one for very good reason. This is an award they made special for me. I'll tell you more about it later (it's past midnight, or 3am my time), but I'm very thrilled and humbled and OH MY GOD I HAVE A MR POINTY!!!!! ;)



10 comments:

Efthymia said...

WOO-HOO!

Of course you should have a Mr. Pointy. Well deserved.

Cynthea said...

And, for all folks reading her blog, Nikki got a standing ovation when she won. Yeah, Nikki!

Marebabe said...

Good for you, Miss Nikki! I’m looking forward to the full story, perhaps some video... And the Mr. Pointy Award is not merely decorative. Looks to me like it can be used for home defense!

Big, heapy congratulations!! *throwing imaginary confetti*

Nikki Stafford said...

Yes, there was an ovation. It was one of those moments in life that you hope you can take with you.

And Marebabe, I said the same thing: I'm not worried about walking alone across campus at night because I now have a MAJOR WEAPON. ;)

Dusk said...

Congrats Nikki, well deserved.

That did not look like a stake when I first went loaded the blog. I advise anyone who checks here at work to be careful of whose around you while that is the top post. LOL!

Austin Gorton said...

That's...that's ridiculously awesome. On so many levels.

Congrats, Nikki! Well deserved, to say the least.

Batcabbage said...

Holy freakin' crap, CONGRATULATIONS! Recognition that is well deserved, Nik!

Blam said...


That’ll put marzipan on your pie plate, bingo!

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Awesome - and, what Blam said too! :)

Christina said...

I'm late to the party, and I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!
It's so deserved. :)