Monday, August 03, 2009

The Prisoner Remake: Sneak Preview

Still trying to catch up on all the Comic-Con stuff, and this is the latest tidbit I've found. This is a 9-minute preview of the upcoming 6-episode miniseries remake of Patrick McGoohan's The Prisoner. I remember hearing about the remake, starring Jim Cavaziel, and my first thought was, "Jim Cavaziel?! Christ..." (hehe...) But then I watched the preview, and my faith is restored. They're taking the basic premise of The Prisoner -- Number 6 is trapped in The Village against his will, and doesn't know how he got there, and constantly tries to escape -- and have handed it to a completely different show about a man who barely remembers his life before this, surrounded by people who have been similarly brainwashed. Check it out... it may be a little spoilery (9 minutes for a 6-hour series is a bit much... I watched the first 6 minutes and it was enough for me) but I'm actually really excited for this show now. It's got Jesus, Galdalf, AND Rover. (Yay, Rover!!!)

11 comments:

asiancolossus said...

This looks awesome Nikki and to have Magneto in it too is a bonus!

Casey S. Pitman said...

I have been hearing about The Prisoner for years, and have been told I would love it. I actually started watching the series online today, and I'm loving it so far.

The Question Mark said...

Sweet! This looks great! You're right though, bit of an excessive trailer for such a short series.

variabull said...

Questions are a burden to others. Answers are a prison for oneself.

Sounds like something Ben Linus might say.

The Shout said...

I'm a big fan original and was dreading this new version but I've got to say it looks very promising. Stylistically, I'm glad they've gone in a completely different direction to the original, though I'm sure they'll be a few nods to the old series -I assume the old bloke at the start is supposed to be Patrick McGoohan.
I've seen a quote from Ian McKellan saying these are some of the best scripts he's ever read (don't they always) so fingers crossed they can deliver.

Rebecca T. said...

I love all the little nods to the original series (like the map scene). I hope they have it available online as well, since I don't get AMC. Grrrr.....

And to think I wouldn't have a clue about any of this if it weren't for Nikki! Thanks for turning me into a TV addict :P

Corey said...

This had better be good. McGoohan deserves nothing less than the best, and casting J.H. Christ in his role does not fill me with overwhelming confidence.

McKellan is always a good bet, though.

PermutedPress said...

This looks super cool, can't wait to see it!

By the way, Nikki, been following your blog for a long time. Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

oh my god. oh my god!! I lived two years in Namibia, and I used to make holiday in the exact houses!! They filmed th whole thin there in Namibia in the town called Swakopmund! Nikki! When I read a while ago about your trip to England I had no Idea what the Series was about. (Here in Germany it was'nt so succesful) I bought the DVD and watched it and I loooved it. Seeing that they use Swakopmund for location makes me jump up and down in my sofa!

Sisa_is_Lost

Unknown said...

what channel will this be on in Canada?

Benny said...

For anyone interested, the original series makes its appearance in Blu-Ray:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Prisoner-The-Complete-Series/12480