Monday, July 23, 2007

Stuff for a Monday
I'm 300 pages into Book 7. I don't care that everyone else is actually reading the same book I am; I love it. I wish my brain could read faster (and that I didn't feel really tired at 11pm). Check out this hilarious play-by-play of the Friday night the books went on sale, from my pal Emily.

TV Guide interviewed Gordon Ramsay, where Gordon talks about his profanity, running, and why he never EVER Googles himself (believe that if you will). They asked him the best question ever. His response was hysterical:
TV Guide: You're driving down a highway and you're hungry. You see a McDonald's on the side of the road. Do you stop for a Big Mac?
Ramsay: My friend, I'd rather eat a f--king cow-pie sandwich.

BuddyTV has a good interview with Flight of the Conchords. I've found the show's a bit hit and miss; I wish every week the guys didn't break up and then get back together again. Then again, I'm a few weeks behind (what else is new?)

Alyson Hannigan talks about her marriage to Alexis Denisof. Sigh. I miss Buffy and Angel. And Alexis and Alyson. I haven't been watching How I Met Your Mother (I watched the first 2 eps because of Alyson but it was SO awful, and I couldn't take the laugh track). But now people are saying it's much funnier, and this article says Alexis is on it. Must check it out.

I wrote in an earlier post about a new book, Shelf Monkey. I was just on Corey's blog today and he's got a ton of great reviews posted. Please buy it and read it. :)

TV Addict has a cute interview with Ed Helms, a.k.a. Andy on The Office, where he reveals "spoilers" for season 4.

I should get back to work now.

4 comments:

Paticus said...

Wow, people are Saying How I Met Your Mother is funnier ? I actually kinda liked it at the beginning( I started watching because the lovely Alyson Hannigan was on it as wel), but then it became more and more "sitcommy"(and I don't mean that in a good way). I stopped watching toward(or towards?) the end of the first season.

Anonymous said...

I flipped to HIMYM for a second last night during a commercial in Doctor Who. Wasn't at all impressed.

I find Neil Patrick Harris' character very annoying (I've flicked on it a few times, but I always turn it off after a few minutes).

I finished 'The Book' today. I'll be interested in seeing your reaction.

Nikki Stafford said...

Paticus: See, that's how I feel; I'm wary of checking it out because I like to think of Alyson as awesome, and not, well, sitcommy, as you put it. I HATE laugh tracks in comedies. I like my comedies to assume that I know when to laugh, which is why I'll take The Office over any laugh track show ANY day.

Colleen: You know, maybe I won't check it out after all. :) If you didn't like it, I probably won't like it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't go by me. :) I don't like The Office. Or Seinfeld for that matter (which seems to be sacrilege to some of my friends). My tastes run more to Frasier, if that helps.

So, please check it out yourself. If I knew an episode with Alexis was on, I'd probably flip it on again and try.