Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Random Stuff for a Tuesday
Lots of little things have been passing by my blog and not making it on because I've been spending all my time talking about Lost. So let's talk about some other things, shall we?

But first, LOST. (Oh stop it, this is my thing.) My pal Jeremy blogged last week on a series of Lost maps that are incredible. A fan named yung23 has studied screen caps of various maps on the show, and then put together any scenes of shoreline that he's seen, and by doing that has created a bunch of maps -- flat and three-dimensional -- that he believes are accurate depictions of the island. You can read all about how he put it together in a long thread he's posted here.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I'm posting this for a regular reader, "cartographer." I would presume by his screen name that he might have some insight into the maps. :)

You've probably all seen this by now, but in case you haven't, Sarah Silverman was on Jimmy Kimmel, who's been joking at the end of his show that he's run out of time again, and is going to have to bump Matt Damon. So she put together a song about how she's f&#%ing Matt Damon, and Damon participated. It's hysterical:




If that doesn't work, the link is here.

So earlier this week, Jimmy Kimmel ran his response video, where he's f&#%ing Ben Affleck. But he took it to a new level, with an all-star cast singing a "We Are the World" song about it. Watch for a certain cast member of Lost singing (YES, I know, it all comes back to Lost). I just wish this one hadn't been bleeped.



And that link is here.

The TV Addict has posted on the Parent's Television Council's damnation of Dexter. If you've read my Buffy books, you know of my hatred for the PTC. They went against Buffy for using religious iconography to fight the vampires, without realizing that Joss was suggesting that something like a cross actually had power AGAINST evil. These people don't think. Ever. Seriously, if Dexter were broadcast at 4 in the afternoon, I'd have an issue with it. But if, as the TV Addict says, your little kids are up at 10, you are the one with the problem, not CBS.

This is Star Wars, as recapped by a 3-year-old. She talks a lot like my daughter (and is the same age) so I think that's why I laughed so hard when I saw it.




And finally, finally, another Mitchell and Webb, making fun of game shows that make absolutely no sense. That's Numberwang!!




This post has been brought to you by YouTube.

7 comments:

The Chapati Kid said...

Numberwang!!! Thanks for sending me that link earlier, Nikki! I meant to write back but things have been nuts around here. Hilarious, hilarious!

And the little Star Wars girl. I think I might have diabetes, she is so cute. Luke has to use his "light-up sword" to hit the "pokey ball." And "the shiny robot always worries." PRICELESS!

poppedculture said...

I can't believe I waited this long to watch the Matt Damon clip! And what's with Jimmy Kimmel being funny? That's good stuff. Plus, Huey Lewis too!

Anonymous said...

I loved that Jimmy Kimmel sketch, very creative and even funnier than Sarah Silverman! Yes I saw Charlie! But was it really him or a figment of my Hurley imagination??? Uh oh...LOL I also killed myself laughing when Josh Groban came on, every other word was bleeped! Way to go Josh!

Anonymous said...

For the first time ever, I tuned into Jimmy Kimmel after the local news and the Oscars. I am so glad I did, as that Sketch was the best I have seen in a loong long time.

Just one thing, I know you are a huge lost fan, as I am, but what about Jericho? I love that show but not peep about the recent series on your blog and it has gotten so much better. Unfortunately, I fear it will not last much longer as apparently everyone is still watching Idol. Why?

Nikki Stafford said...

CK: I knew you'd like it!!

Jeremy: No kidding, eh? Jimmy Kimmel rarely makes me laugh, but I loved this stuff. I can't wait to see what they do next.

Roland: What's up with Charlie's hair? Apparently there are no good hairdressers in heaven. Or hell. Or wherever he's gone.

Jacqui: In fall 2006, I was actually more excited about Jericho than anything else, including Heroes. I watched the first episode, and thought it was OK except for that sappy bit at the end with the, "I LOVE YOU SON!" stuff on the school bus. Then the next episode was fine, but it had some big moment where you knew someone would get killed and then bam, some divine thing happened and they weren't. And then I realized that would happen in every single episode. By the fifth episode, I sat back going, "Oh. Look. They're trapped. Bet they won't get out of this one. Oh. Look. They did." And I gave up.

I'm really glad to hear it got a lot better after that! Unfortunately I'm too far out of it to come back to it, but thanks for letting me know!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Nikki, for making my day. I'm away from home on business and the clips were hilarious!! I particularly liked the little girl. As you know, I have a 4-year old and she also gets into these very detailed stories about things that she is suddenly an expert on.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I didn't think it was at all possible to top Sarah and Matt's video, but this one is so insanely over the top, it's almost beyond description. And I can't even begin to believe he got half of those famous faces to do it. :D