Friday, May 29, 2009

Lost Spinoff Series Announced!

Thanks to CK and Jerry for sending this to me; your emails came to me within minutes of each other.

It's been announced that one of the Lost characters has gotten its own spinoff show, but the news won't come as any surprise to any of us, since it's the character we probably all pegged as getting one. The format, however, isn't what we expected.

Yes, folks, Smokey got his own sitcom!

According to the article, Lea Thompson has signed on as the wife, "who must put up with her husband's screwball antics while raising the couple's two rambunctious children, Tanner and Smoky, Jr."

"The whole concept began with us asking, 'So what happens to the monster after it kills somebody and disappears down that ancient temple vent? What kind of life might it have?'" Lorre said. "And what we realized is that audiences really relate to this character and would like to see it in everyday situations, shooting the breeze with buddies at a local watering hole or murdering its son's soccer coach and depositing his lifeless body in a tree."

"And of course, you'll be hearing lots of its classic catchphrase, 'Brrrrr, chk-chk-chk-chk, muuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrhhh,'" Lorre added.


Oh, Onion. How I love you. You can read the entire hilarious article here.

And before I forget: Pushing Daisies fans, I've been meaning to post this all week, but the first of the final three episodes will air this Saturday at 10pm on ABC. It's too bad the show was cancelled, because clearly ABC is putting such a huge push on it, giving it such a juicy time slot. (See, Dan? Sarcasm and I are getting along just fine!)

5 comments:

aett said...

My favorite part was having Michael Emerson cameo on the sitcom as Ben, the slobby houseguest.

Eric Antoine Scuccimarra said...

"Because after all, Where There's Smoke, there's laughter"

That is awesome.

Robert said...

Lmao, now that would be revolutionary...

Anonymous said...

"And I'm not just blowing smoke here."

O my lord, hilarious. I can't believe I missed this at the onion. Thanks for the heads up!

A.G.Wooding said...

The final three Pushing Daisies episodes are fantastic, they've already aired in the UK so it's already over for me. *sob*. It is definately a satisfying end to a great series.