Wednesday, May 06, 2009

While You Wait for Lost...

ZOMG, I just realized my previous post was Post 666. And I haven't done anything to change that in days... ACK!!! Must get this post up NOW.

Well, this week I have a bunch of stuff for you to enjoy while waiting for Lost to begin (the second-last episode... does anyone else feel queasy and sick just thinking of that, or is it just me?!)

***

J.J. Abrams appeared on The Colbert Report this week, and they chatted about Lost a bit. If you live in Canada, you can watch the Abrams interview here. Unfortunately, Comedy Central won't let me access it, because I'm a Canuck. I try to type it in, and it keeps rerouting me automatically back to The Comedy Network. But if anyone wants to post the clip in the comments for my US viewers, please do so!

***

A few months ago, the lovely and amazing Jorge Garcia posted a blog about the 100th episode, and the cake that was made by Ace of Cakes to promote it. Check out his blog post here. According to one of my readers (after my cakeathon posts here and here this past week), the episode of Ace of Cakes where they construct that particular cake will air this Saturday at 9pm on the Food Network. Set those PVRS!

***

And I can't mention cakes without posting yet another one. This one comes from my reader Josh, whose wife Holly made this awesome cake featuring the Dharma symbol for the Arrow:



Love it!! But, um... I'm working on my FOURTH book on this show... where's MY Lost cake? :::sniffle:::

***

Finally, in honour of J.J. Abrams Star Trek out this weekend (WHEEEEEE) The Fine Bros have devoted this month's Lost parody to Star Trek (and in the meantime, I'm looking for volunteers to babysit my kids so I can go see it this weekend... anyone? PLEASE?)

5 comments:

Michele said...

I think my favourite part of that video was "Jesus, Keebler elf!!" For some reason, I just cracked up.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Nikki, I wish you hadn't mentioned that there are just two episodes of Lost left this season... I think I'm going to cry. I can feel myself going into withdrawal already!

Anonymous said...

I'm very upset by the lack of Doctor Who, yet the presence of that 'other' phone box.

Rebecca T. said...

I do NOT know what I am going to do with my Wednesdays. It makes me sadder than I can say. So sad. Sad, sad, sad. :(

Jono said...

Hi Nikki. Did you catch the Ace of Cakes finale tonight? What a wonderful tribute to Lost. The amount of time and work that was spent on the cake was incredible. From the pictures posted earlier, I didn't realize that it lit up. Faraday's cake figurine was my favorite, but the cutest moment was when the two cake makers were playing with the Sun & Jin figurines and speaking Korean to each other.