Monday, November 10, 2008

Good news for Dollhouse!

Finally, I have good news that is NOT tinged with bad! Check me out!!

Preston Beckman, FOX's scheduling guy, has said that there's a method to his madness of putting Dollhouse on Friday nights. First, he wants it as a strong lead-in to Terminator, which he says would be a great night of TV. Secondly, he's confident that the rest of the week has a lot of strong programming that can buoy the network, and might give both Friday night shows more of a chance. "We can afford to let these shows run their course," he said. "We can give them 12 or 13 weeks to find an audience." Then, come fall, he sees these shows playing very strongly. Read the full article here.

Woot! I demonized too soon. (Who... me?!)

Now if only I knew the ABC scheduling person was putting Lost on Wednesday nights to make it a pie-tastic pairing with Pushing Daisies, then all would be well in my world.

4 comments:

Katy Boose said...

*jaw drop*
wow. You made my evening!
Perhaps this explanation is because of all the negative fan reaction to Joss on fridays.

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad to hear this is part of a long-term strategy. It's probably a good thing the network doesn't have too-high expectations for Dollhouse, and along with the decision to give Terminator a full season despite sub-par ratings this may be evidence that Fox and advertizers are learning to live with the new, bajillion-channel television market.

PS Nikki, you seriously need to start watching Terminator; it is so awesome! Heroes died in its second season, that is now obvious, but Terminator is no one season wonder. Summer is comedy gold!

Nikki Stafford said...

Katy: I know! It looks like Fox is turning over a new leaf. (Anyone else see that beam of sunshine coming through the clouds to the strains of the Hallelujah Chorus??)

JJ: I know, I totally have to watch it. I PVR'd the first few episodes, then saw an article saying the show was going to be cancelled and someone (NOT ME) in my house erased them all. Sigh. And now I read today there's a possibility of crossovers between the two shows. Might have just been a joke, but if it's even a remote possibility, I'll have to bone up on my Terminator!

Anonymous said...

Hi - long time no see... sorry, been loony busy! Anyway, other good news which you may already know is that after the departure of Steven DeKnight, Jane Espenson has been drafted on to the writing team!! Hurrah.

Matthew here, by the way!