Friday, October 22, 2010

Lost Academic Conference!

So I was chatting on email with David Lavery this morning, and he said the new location for the Lost conference (formerly in Oahu, which proved far too expensive for people) will be one of two places: Flagler College in St. Augustine, Florida (where this past Slayage was held in June) or in New Orleans. Since I haven't been to the latter (and because that one would be joining with the much larger PCA conference), I'm hoping it's there, but I'd be happy with either one of them. And hey, New Orleans is the perfect Lost location! After all, "The House of the Rising Sun" is in New Orleans. Bingo! ;)

There is currently a survey up taking votes, so please head on over there and put in your two cents!

2 comments:

Fred said...

I've been slowly writing a paper on LOST in the hopes of submitting it for the LOST conference. Of course, we'd have to see if a Freudian/Lacanian interpretation of "Daddy Issues" is worthy of a conference. But now that it looks like Florida is the location, that just knocks me out. I'll still try and finish the paper and submit it, just for the sake of completion.

David Kociemba said...

I'll be proposing a class at Emerson College, using both Lavery and your books. So, I have until 11/1 to get a paper together for a reimbursement proposal.