Friday, October 15, 2010

LOST: Jack Was All About Fun



This week's Lostaholics Anonymous featured a long discussion about Jack, and I realized I'd forgotten to post the above image to go with it, which was sent to me late last week by artist Richard Rische, designed by his friend Mike Steffler. Love it.

I mentioned that as much as I adored that character, he was always fun to poke fun at because he was just so damn serious. A friend of mine forwarded me this video last week asking if I'd seen it, and I said not only had I seen it, but I used to post it on a regular basis here because it killed me every time. And in light of our discussion, I thought hey, let's post it AGAIN!! This might be my all-time fave Lost fan video.

6 comments:

Ambivalentman said...

Thanks for the great laugh, Nikki! I've seen it before (here on your site, too), but it never fails to crack me up.

I love how during the line involving "chewing gum," we see Sawyer and Kate french-kissing. That's classic!

This video puts to rest all ideas that Jack was no-F.U.N. No one parties like Jack parties!

Pamalamb said...

Thank you for posting this Nikki. This clip always makes me laugh no matter how many times I've seen it. I was hoping you would post it when we discussed funny/happy moments in lost, but I'm glad to see it now.

Beachgirl5835 said...

Do Richard and Mike have other designs of other LOST characters?

LittleMo said...

Oh thats classic - and the first time I have ever seen it !!!
THANKS

By the way - when were Locke and Jack lying on the ground together laughing ?

paleoblues said...

@LittleMo : White Rabbit-Jack goes over the cliff. Locke pulls him up and they fall to the ground laughing.

Rick Rische said...

@Beachgirl5835-

I've done a little bit of art pertaining to LOST (and I sent a print of this image of Jack to Matthew Fox), but Mike has done far more, and I love his work. He has a very unique and strong take on the show and characters.

If you'd like to see more of what he's done, sign up at Lostpedia and contact him (his username is "Long Con"). I'm sure he'll be happy to have you see his artwork. I'm a big fan!